Monday, April 11, 2011

The Diary of A Wimpy Kid

The Dirary of A Wimpy Kid came out in March of 2010. Gregory Heffley (Zachary Gordon) Recieved a journal from his mom one day and he decided to record the first year of middle school in it. He starts out his journal by explaining the "cheese touch." He wrote that a student named Darren touched the cheese (old, smelly, and moldly old piece of cheese) and was contaminated by it. The journal constists of Greg and his best friend Rowely Jefferson (Robert Capron). They tried out for the wrestling team and found out that wrestling just wasn't for them. From there Greg is a tree in the play Wizard of Oz. At the end of the play Greg and Rowely get chased by some teenagers they have taunted before. They got chased all the way to Greg's house and get soaked in water by his dad, thinking that Greg and Rowely were pesky teenagers. At the end of the school year Greg's efforts become popular and remain unfilled. He wants to be Class Clown in the year book and he got nothing. Rowely ended up getting Class Clown for writing a story called "Ass man."
To be honest, this movie is a very much kid movie. Some parts were funny but I just wasn't into it all that much. The kid I was babysitting seemed to enjoy it quite much though. So if you're ever babysitting and want a funny movie to watch for the kid, think of this movie and you'll get some laughs out!!!

17 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good movie. That is a good suggestion to take it with babysitting I will need to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I don't know if I would watch it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this movie alot and my siblings like it but idk if it would be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sad that Greg didn't get class clown and his best friend did instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... I have yet to see this movie but have wanted to for some time. And I heard that the second movie is coming out. It probably wouldnt be my favorite but little kids movies do entertain me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never been interested in this movie. I will maybe have to bring it to my kids when i babysitt though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie is soo funny. Rowely is the man for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This movie sounds ok and it kind of sounds like a low budget movie so I dont think it would be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen previews to this and it seems pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This movie is really funny, I really enjoyed watching it with my family. It is a good family movie and i recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds good but I don't know if I want to watch it Ill think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This movie does sound like a kid movie. I know my mom has the book for her elementary school kids, so I doubt it would be that great of a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it looks like a kids movie. It does sound like it would be a funny movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This movie is halirous and very good movie to watch when you are bored good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Gosh I have wanted to see this movie ever since I heard it was coming out! I loved the book and I think the movie does the book justice unlike some movies !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kurtis, we most definitely need to watch this movie together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I'll take your advice and only watch if I'm watching my niece and nephew, though it's probably a little to old for them.

    ReplyDelete