Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Notebook

Who doesn't like romantic tear jerkers? The Notebook is a romanitic film that was made in 2004 and directed by Nick Cassavetes. The movie opens with an old man reading a notebook to an old women about two young lovers named (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel McAdams). The notebook dates back to the 1940 in South Carolina. Allie spent a summer in Seabrook, South Carolina with her wealthy family. Allie went to a carnival with her girlfriend and there she met Noah, who worked at a lumbermill. Throughout the summer their romance built and they spent every waking moment of time together. At the end of the summer Noah and Allie break up and right away the regret the decision. Allie left Seabrook and went back home, while Noah wrote her letters everyday for a year which her mother hides all of them. Since Allie didn't reply back to him, he moved to Atlanta and went into the military and fought in WWII while Allie went to college. When she went to college, she volunteered as a nurses aide for wounded soldires and she met Lon Hammond Jr. who was charming, cute and very wealthy. He enoyed the present of her family and they got engaged. As Allie is getting her dress tried on she reads something about Noah in the newspaper and faints. She went to go see him without anyone knowing. Her mom found out and went to get her but Allie was still in love with Noah and her mom finally gave Allie the letters she hid from her. Allie and her fiance` were no longer engaged.

This is an excellent movie. I absolutely love this movie, it is such a tear jerker. I recomend this movie to anyone. It's a great girls night movie to watch with everyone.

12 comments:

  1. This movie is a complete tear jerker but a wonderful chick flic. I love when Noah goes to her everyday to read their story of love to her but it is really sad when she forgets all about it. But i would have to say my favorite part is when they both die together in the end it was really sad but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best movie ever! I cry everytime I watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie is really sad! The book is also really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this movie. Definetly for the girls! I love their love story

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie is the BOMB! Love it!. I love the scenery and the old white house in the movie. Defiantly one of the better love movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie is crazy for not going for Noah! He is melt-in-your-mouth gorgeous!! I loved this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Notebook. The best romantic movie ever. It's sure to be a classic. There isn't a time I watch this and I don't cry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is by far the biggest chick-flick of all time. But not the worst one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this movie before. It sounds like a good movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very good description that makes me want to watch it! This sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very good description for the movie it matches it perfectly. THis is also a very good movie to watch kinda a chick flick though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I haven't seen this movie, but I guess maybe I should with all the positive comments! I'm undecided, though - should I read the book first?

    ReplyDelete