Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Lion King

The Lion King was made in 1994 directed by Walt Disney. It takes place in Africa full of kingdoms of animals. A wild monkey (Rafiki) presents the new born baby (Simba) of the King and Queen lions (Mufasa and Sarabi) on Pride Rock to the entire kingdom. Scar is Mufasa's young brother who dis approves of the gathering to see Simba. He wants the throne for himself. As Simba was growing up he was taught about how to respect the Pride Lands. He was suppose to stay out of the Outlands ruled by the Hyenas! Scar told Simba about the elephant grave yard in the Outlands. Simba and his best friend Nala tell their parents they are just going to the swimming hole, instead they go to the Outlands and get into danger with the Hyenas. Mufasa arrived to save the cubs. Scar put together a herd of Wildbeest stampede to kill Mufasa and Simba so he could take over the thrown!! Watch the movie and find out what happens to them!!

This is one of my favorite animated films! This is a great movie to watch even though you may not be ionto animation. Walt Disney did a FANTASTIC job!!!

15 comments:

  1. I just watched this this weekend! This is an awesome movie and i love the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie! It is something great to watch on a cold day with a cup of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite movies as a child. My puppy, oreo, looks like Simba when his hair grows out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my most favorite movies of all time. I must have watched it dozens of times. It's so cute and just an all around great movie! Probably the best Disney film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie! Tumon, Pumba, and Rafiki are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie i totally agreee! Tumon,and Pumba are my favorite characters!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good movie! Disney always does a great job with all of their movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... jeez lion king is the greatest movie ever!! the other day we were talking about the birds name because we couldnt figure it out haha.. Zazu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im suprised that no guys commented on it but me. This movie was good when I was little but now it's kinda boring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked this movie when i was little. I don't think i would need to see it again though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my favorite movie when I was little! I havent watched it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a good movie. It is good for all ages. I always wondered why they held the lion over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, this used to be my favorite movie growing up. I will have to watch it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Classic "coming-of-age" story. The climax is not when the wildebeests stampede, though; it's when Simba has to make the decision about whether to be a leader or not.

    ReplyDelete